The United Arab Emirates (UAE) is known for its advanced and innovative healthcare system, providing top-notch medical facilities and services to its citizens and expatriates alike. With a focus on continuous improvement and growth, the country has been at the forefront of healthcare trends and advancements – continuously evolving with new advancements and incorporating innovation and tech at every step.
As the market matures and technology advances, we’re seeing a shift in how patients want to interact with their providers and access services. Here are some of the notable trends in the UAE’s healthcare sector:
- Medical Tourism: Medical tourism sales in the UAE are expected to record 19.5 billion dirhams in the year 2023, with a cumulative annual growth rate of 10.7%. The UAE is becoming an increasingly popular destination for medical tourism, attracting patients from around the world for cosmetic surgery, orthopaedics, and fertility treatments. The country is working to further improve its medical tourism industry by offering visa facilitation, better connectivity, and high-quality medical services.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI): AI is playing a major role in the healthcare sector of the UAE. With the use of AI, healthcare providers can make more accurate diagnoses, predict and prevent diseases, and provide personalized treatments to patients. The country has been investing heavily in AI, with many hospitals and clinics already implementing AI-powered systems.
- Electronic Medical Records (EMR): It is now mandatory by Ministry of Health for all healthcare providers across the U.A.E. to have EMR at their facilities. EMRs give healthcare providers with easy access to patients’ medical history, treatment plans, and test results. This has led to better coordination of care and improved patient outcomes.
- Robotic Surgery: The UAE is known for its cutting-edge surgical procedures, including the use of robots for complex surgeries. With its advanced technology, robots can perform intricate procedures with greater precision and accuracy, leading to faster recovery times and reduced risks of complications.
- Wellness and Preventive Care: In recent years, there has been a growing focus on preventive care and wellness in the UAE. With the increasing incidence of lifestyle diseases, healthcare providers are encouraging patients to adopt healthy habits and undergo regular check-ups to prevent the onset of illnesses.
- Mental Health: Mental health has become a growing concern in the UAE, with the government investing in mental health services and facilities. The country is also promoting awareness and reducing the stigma associated with mental illness.
- Private Healthcare: The UAE has a thriving private healthcare sector, with a large number of international hospitals and clinics operating in the country. These facilities offer world-class medical services, attracting medical tourists from around the world. The government is also promoting private-public partnerships to enhance the quality and accessibility of healthcare services.
- Home Healthcare: With the aging population, home healthcare services have become more prevalent in the UAE. Patients can now receive medical care and treatments at home, allowing them to recover in the comfort of their own environment.
- Digital Health: The use of digital health technologies, such as telemedicine, e-prescriptions, and wearable devices, has increased in the UAE. These technologies are improving the efficiency, accessibility, and quality of healthcare services, allowing patients to receive care whenever and wherever they need it.
Want to setup your healthcare business in the UAE?
Explore the endless opportunities in the UAE healthcare market. Find out how to set up a clinic in the UAE. As a leading corporate services provider, we are well-versed in the process of establishing healthcare facilities in Dubai and the rest of the UAE. Our team of experts can guide you through the entire process to ensure a smooth and efficient company setup in Dubai. We can also support you with UAE PRO services and Dubai visas. To learn more, contact: email@example.com or call/whatsapp +971 56 218 4695.
Authored by Puja Tiwari, Marketing Manager at CBD Corporate Services