In the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, various authorities and digital platforms play pivotal roles in shaping the nation’s labor, social insurance, and documentation landscape. These entities are instrumental in ensuring the welfare and regulatory compliance of individuals and organizations alike. Here’s a closer look at some of these prominent authorities and platforms that contribute to the efficiency and effectiveness of various aspects of Saudi society and commerce.
1. MHRSD: The Ministry of Human Resources and Social Development (MHRSD) plays a pivotal role in fostering community development, providing support, and ensuring protection. Additionally, it holds authority over labour affairs, including related policies, which are essential for opening a labour file for the entity.
2. GOSI: The General Organization for Social Insurance, stands as a prominent governmental institution within Saudi Arabia dedicated to implementing the Social Insurance program. GOSI administers employer contributions, guarantees legal social insurance coverage, and disburses benefits to beneficiaries, encompassing both local and expatriate employees, as well as their family members.
GOSI extends its coverage to occupational hazards, unemployment insurance, as well as annuities, encompassing retirement pensions, non-occupational disability pensions, death pensions, and early retirement.
3. MUQEEM: It is a digital portal to facilitate documentation processes for residents, enabling organizations to efficiently access and manage their resident workers’ data, and conduct various transactions online, from anywhere and at any time. Muqeem facilitates tasks such as issuing, cancelling, re-printing exit re-entry visas, final exit visas, renewing all types of residence permits, sponsorship transfers, profession modifications, and more.
4. QIWA: Qiwa is an electronic platform that furnishes the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Development (MHRSD) with a range of services and solutions aimed at enhancing electronic services for the labor sector. Qiwa’s overarching objective is to centralize workforce services and streamline governmental services offered to the private sector electronically.
5. MUDAD: MUDAD is a digital payroll and compliance system, launched by the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Development (MHRSD) in Saudi Arabia. This system monitors payroll violations by employers, allowing employees to respond to justifications submitted by their respective employers or companies.
6. GAZT: The General Authority of Zakat and Tax is a government agency operating under the Ministry of Finance in Saudi Arabia, entrusted with the responsibility of assessing and collecting taxes and zakat—a mandatory form of almsgiving in Islam.
How CBD Can Assist With Secondary Registration Services
As a trusted corporate services provider in Saudi Arabia, we manage all your secondary registration requirements in Saudi Arabia. For more information or for support with a company set up in Saudi Arabia, Saudi Arabia visas or PRO services in Saudi Arabia, email KSA@cbdcorporateservices.com or call/whatsapp +971 56 218 4695.
Authored by Raza Rizvi, Licencing – Client Relationship Executive